The striking combination of colors in this recipe enhances the butterflied salmon cut to create an elegant dish and sophisticated presentation. The flavorsome alverado sauce perks up any salmon fillet, and serving it with the potato broccoli puree will yield a flavor blend that will delight your taste buds.
1. 4 slices of butterflied salmon
2. 1 cup Freund’s Alverado sauce
3. 1 ½ cups broccoli florets, stems trimmed
4. 4 potatoes
5. 4 tbsp. oil
6. 2/3 cup coffee creamer/soy milk
7. Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place the salmon into a baking dish, and pour the Alverado sauce evenly over the fish.
3. Bake for 12 minutes or until desired readiness.
4. Boil the broccoli florets in water until tender. 5. Drain and puree with a hand blender.
5. In a separate pot, boil the potatoes in water until soft.
6. Mash with a fork, and add oil and coffee creamer.
7.Stir in broccoli puree and mix in the salt and pepper.
8. Serve 1/4 of the puree and place salmon on top.
Optional: garnish with parsley flakes and broccoli florets