This delicious recipe features our fabulous Spicy Mayo which spikes up the crunch of the succulent beer battered perch. The toasted tacos sandwich the wonderful flavors together.
4 6-inch wraps
Beer Battered Fish:
1. 4 Nile Perch fillets
2. 1 ¾ Cups Sushi Maven Tempura Batter Mix
3. ¾ Cup beer
4. ½ Cup water
5. 1 tsp. salt
6. ½ tsp. black pepper
7. 1tsp. Garlic powder
8. 3 Tbs. oil
9. 3 Tbs Freund’s Spicy Mayo
1. Place wraps on a large baking sheet, and toast at 350°for 3 minutes. Set Aside.
2. To prepare the fish, cut the nile perch fillets into thin strips to the size of your choice.
3. Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder together. Add the beer and water, mix until there are no clumps.
4. Dip the nile perch strips into the batter until completely coated. Heat oil in a frying pan, and place the battered fish into the oil once it begins to sizzle. Add additional oil if necessary. Fry fish on medium high heat for approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until batter has browned on each side and fish is cooked through.
5. To assemble: place pieces of fish onto each toasted wrap. Squeeze Spicy Mayo over the fish, and fold over or roll up the wrap. Tip: For easy squeezing, place spicy mayo into a squeeze bottle or into a bag pricked at the corner with a toothpick.