A delicious way to turn classic sesame chicken into a fish dish! The fabulous buffalo wing sauce adds full bodied flavor to the crunchy tilapia.
1. 1 cup panko crumbs
2. ½ tsp. garlic powder
3. ½ tsp. dried thyme
4. ½ lb. tilapia cubes
5. ¼ cup flour
6. 1 egg, beaten
7. 1 ¾ cups Freund’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
8. 1 heaping tsp. Sushi Maven roasted sesame seeds
1. Combine the panko crumbs, garlic powder, and thyme in a shallow dish.
2. Place the flour in a separate dish and the whisked egg in another dish.
3. Dredge each tilapia cube in the flour to coat completely; pat off excess flour. Then dip into egg, and finally coat with panko mixture. Press on the panko flakes to make sure they adhere to the tilapia.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry tilapia nuggets on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Place the nuggets into a baking dish and pour Buffalo Wing Sauce over it. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes uncovered.